The Keto 30 Bundle includes KetoLogic MRP and KetoLogic BHB
What are MCTs?
KetoLogic MRPs contain MCTs. MCTs (medium-chain triglycerides) are the key fat molecules found in coconut oil. They are amazing sources of fuel for the body with many clinically studied health benefits.
What do I need to know before trying foods/supplements containing MCTs?
Foods high in MCTs can cause gastrointestinal distress in some people. This is particularly common when beginning a diet containing MCTs. They can cause nausea, abdominal cramping, and diarrhea. We recommend that you start slowly and build up gradually. Your body will get used to digesting MCTs and any GI distress will subside in a few days. For example, if are starting a regimen that includes KetoLogic MRP, the serving size is about 30 grams of powdered mix stirred into 8 ounces of water and consumed over 30 minutes.
If you are new to MCTs, start with:
- Half a serving or less stirred into 8 ounces of water.
- Consume over an hour (sip it, don't gulp it).
- Stir into cold water, add ice (this will likely also cause you to drink it slower).
- Build up to a full serving over the course of a few days.
What are the benefits of consuming MCTs?
Helps you achieve ketosis
Helps you feel fuller longer
Decreases your appetite
Promotes weight loss
Promotes fat oxidation
Boosts your metabolism
What is BHB?
Beta-Hydroxybutyrate (BHB) is a ketone body produced by the liver, from fat, for energy when glucose isn’t available. It ultimately becomes the body and brain’s primary source of energy. Fat-derived energy typically involves consuming large quantities of fats or MCTs. These fats can lead to GI discomfort and only modestly increase blood ketone levels. BHB supplementation rapidly raises blood ketone levels and avoids GI issues because it bypasses digestion.
When should you take BHB?
You can really take BHB anytime, but it’s best to avoid taking it with meals since that’s when you’ll already be supplying your body with energy. Why waste a scoop, right? Here’s how BHB can work in your meal plan:
- First thing in the morning (in place of breakfast) to help keep your ketones up.
- In between meals to kill cravings and energy crashes.
- Before/during/after workouts to supplement with readily available energy.